Osterbind Law opened in June 2017 as a law firm dedicated to the idea that we help people who have been injured through no fault of their own. Brandon and Kelly Osterbind, husband and wife, started the law firm together and work together on cases.
Brandon and Kelly met in law school and got married in 2008. Their career paths were very different but each path has led to the same place.
Brandon started working as a part-time receptionist at a small law firm when he was in high school in the late 90s early 2000s. Brandon was fortunate that the lawyers there taught him the essentials of the real-life practice of law while he worked during high school, college, and law school. Since law school, Brandon clerked for Judge Petty on the Court of Appeals of Virginia, and, after his term concluded, he joined a small law firm in Central Virginia as an associate. After two years of hard work, that law firm made him a partner in 2012. Brandon said “I am sincerely grateful for the opportunities afforded to me and for those who invested in me. I am who I am today, in part, because of them.”
Kelly spent many years as a prosecutor here in Central Virginia. She is a trial lawyer who has extensive experience in handling cases and preparing witnesses and evidence for trial. She has prosecuted everything from traffic offenses to violent felonies. Her cases have been covered by WSET and the Lynchburg News & Advance. Kelly has also been an adjunct professor for Liberty University Helms School of Government and Liberty University School of Law teaching law students how to practice law. Kelly helps prepare personal injury clients and cases for trial.
Together, Kelly and Brandon are committed to helping the people of the greater Lynchburg area recover from trauma and litigate injury cases so that every day people can put a roof over their heads and food on their table.
What is Next (something is always changing)?
Just like everything in our culture, the practice of law is changing rapidly. Clients expect different methods when it comes to purchasing legal services. You expect efficiency in case management, proficiency in the delivery of legal services, and constant communication and delivery of that information. We find ourselves having new ideas about these things every five seconds.
Over the last couple of years, Brandon and Kelly have been working, researching, and experimenting with some ideas to create new processes and systems in our everyday practice so that we can better deliver legal services to our clients. We are more efficient, more proficient, and more informative than ever before. These ideas that we are talking about cannot exist in a vacuum. It is an entirely new way of delivering legal information and performing legal services that we hope will blow you away.
We pride ourselves on constantly changing and innovating for our clients’ benefit. As we continuously evolve our delivery of legal services, we promise to stay abreast of new technology, to use it to our clients’ advantage, and to use it to add value to our clients’ cases.
Our Core Values
The Injury Team
We want to create a team dedicated to the recovery of injury victims.
- Brandon Osterbind is an injury lawyer. Brandon is a co-founder and managing partner at Osterbind Law, PLLC. Starting off in the general practice, Brandon started to focus his practice to only include injury cases in 2014-2015. Since then, Brandon has focused his caseload on personal injury, workers’ compensation, and medical malpractice cases.
- Kelly Osterbind in an injury lawyer. Kelly is a co-founder and partner at Osterbind Law, PLLC. Starting her practice as a prosecutor, first in Bedford, Virginia, then in Lynchburg, Virginia, Kelly took some time off with her kids before returning to the practice of law. Kelly has prosecuted virtually every traffic offense and litigating injury cases is not that much different.
- Hannah Bowie is an injury lawyer. Hannah is an associate at Osterbind Law, PLLC. Starting her practice here means that Hannah has the opportunity to focus her practice from the very beginning. Passionate about people and helping them through difficult times in their lives, Hannah works tirelessly to make sure that every client gets what the law describes as full and fair compensation.
- David Abraham is a retired insurance adjuster with over 30 years of experience working for Allstate Insurance. Having worked for the insurance industry for an entire career, David brings a unique perspective to our new practice that includes an institutional knowledge of how insurance companies work from the inside. David is joining the team to help injury victims get the compensation they deserve.
- Julia Hinckle is our paralegal. Julia is smart and comes to Osterbind Law with great attention to detail and motivation to improve the lives of our clients. Julia works hand in hand with our clients and our attorneys to accomplish big results for our clients.
- Karen Bowen is our client relations specialist. Karen loves people and one of our core values is that we seek to love and understand people. While she will be your first point of contact at Osterbind Law, Karen will do everything she can to help you make good decisions and she will put you in the right place at the right time.
Working With Us
We look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, please call us and we can discuss how the law applies to your case and how we might be able to help you.
But you may not be ready to hire an injury lawyer just yet. And we understand that which is why we offer free information throughout this website on our FAQ page, our blog page, and our case successes page. We want you to see who we are and how we help people. We want you to understand the legal issues.
We also offer free, no-obligation strategy sessions. We don’t do free consultations because that is a fancy word for “get you in and sign you up.” In fact, we promise that we will not try to sell you our services. Instead, we will equip you with information that you don’t have and that you need in order to combat the insurance companies.
If you are an attorney who is interested in referring cases to us, we only do injury law. That means we have no interest in stealing your business client, your estate planning client, or your family law client. Instead, we will work with you and keep you in the loop with the status of your client’s case. To learn more about our referral program, click here.