Information for Referring Attorneys
Osterbind Law, PLLC is pleased to accept personal injury, workers compensation, and civil litigation cases referrals from other attorneys. We view referrals as a logical and practical way for attorneys with little experience in these areas to increase their chances of prevailing on behalf of their clients and, at the same time, earn a substantial fee. To this end, our law firm splits legal fees on contingency cases in accordance with Virginia’s rules of professional responsibility.
Our referral system allows the referring attorney to maintain ongoing involvement in their client’s case to the extent the referring attorney desires. In addition, we will advise you of the status of the case you referred on a regular basis. If you have a client or referral who is experiencing a personal injury, workers compensation, or civil litigation issue, please contact our firm as soon as possible.
When the situation calls for it, we love to work with other attorneys by serving as co-counsel for personal injury, workers compensation, or civil litigation cases. If you are an attorney who wishes to remain involved in a client’s case, while leveraging the expertise of a full-time personal injury, workers compensation, or civil litigation lawyer, we can set up a fee-split and work the case together.
Referrals of Potential Clients to Other Lawyers
Because of the significant need for personal injury, workers compensation, or civil litigation attorneys statewide, Osterbind Law cannot represent every client who contacts us. Sometimes, the person who contacts us doesn’t have a case. Or maybe that person has a case, but the damages are too small to justify representation on a contingency fee. Sometimes, the person has a great case, but we are just too busy to allocate the time and resources to accept that case. When one of these situations presents itself, we refer potential clients to other attorneys who we think might accept the case. We believe this provides a better service to our community than if we were to take the case under one of the above circumstances. Some attorneys who take referrals from our firm split legal fees with our firm in accordance with Virginia’s Rules of Professional Responsibility.
Sometimes, people call us with a case that is not within our practice areas, like a divorce, estate planning, or criminal defense. We refer those clients to lawyers we trust. Below is a list of attorneys we trust for the following areas:
- Criminal Defense – We highly recommends this firm due to their lawyer’s professionalism and character. Their office is in Rustburg but they accept cases throughout Central Virginia.
- Family Law – We highly recommend this law firm for family law and divorce. The attorney is a great trial lawyer and cares for his clients.
- Immigration – For immigration issues like green cards and temporary visas, our firm recommends this attorney.
- Estate Planning —Everyone needs a Last Will and Testament, Durable Power of Attorney, and Advance Medical Directive. Some people need trusts and other complicated estate planning. For these issues, our firm recommends this lawyer and law firm.
- Business Planning and Formation — For those who are entrepreneurs at heart, you need legal advice before entering the world of business. And, no, legal zoom is not sufficient. We recommend this lawyer for all of your business planning needs.
We highly recommend that you call us before reaching out to any of these lawyers.