Information for Referring Attorneys
Osterbind Law, PLLC is pleased to accept personal injury, workers compensation, and civil litigation cases referrals from other attorneys. We view referrals as a logical and practical way for attorneys with little experience in these areas to increase their chances of prevailing on behalf of their clients and, at the same time, earn a substantial fee. To this end, our law firm splits legal fees for contingency cases in accordance with Virginia’s rules of professional responsibility.
Our referral system allows the referring attorney to maintain ongoing involvement in their client’s case to the extent the referring attorney desires. In addition, we will advise you of the status of the case you referred on a regular basis. If you have a client or referral who is experiencing a personal injury, workers compensation, or medical malpractice issue, please contact our firm as soon as possible. We are happy to put the full force of our resources and experience to work for you and your client.
When the situation calls for it, we love to work with other attorneys by serving as co-counsel for personal injury, workers compensation, or medical malpractice cases. If you are an attorney who wishes to remain involved in a client’s case, while leveraging the expertise of a full-time personal injury, workers compensation, or medical malpractice lawyer, we can set up a fee-split and work the case together.
REFERRALS OF POTENTIAL CLIENTS TO OTHER LAWYERS
Because of the significant need for personal injury, workers compensation, or medical malpractice attorneys statewide, Osterbind Law cannot represent every client who contacts us. Sometimes, the person who contacts us doesn’t have a case. Or maybe that person has a case, but the damages are too small to justify representation on a contingency fee. Sometimes, the person has a great case, but we are just too busy to allocate the time and resources to accept that case.
When one of these situations presents itself, we refer potential clients to other attorneys who we think might accept the case. We believe this provides a better service to our community than if we were to take the case under one of the above circumstances. Some attorneys who take referrals from our firm split legal fees with our firm in accordance with Virginia’s Rules of Professional Responsibility.
Sometimes, people call us with a case that is not within our practice areas, like a divorce, estate planning, immigration, or criminal defense. We refer those clients to lawyers we trust. Below is a list of attorneys we trust for the following areas:
- Criminal Defense – We highly recommends this firm and this firm due to their lawyer’s professionalism and character.
- Family Law – We highly recommend this law firm for family law and divorce. The attorney is a great trial lawyer and cares for his clients.
- Immigration – For immigration issues like green cards and temporary visas, our firm recommends this attorney and this attorney.
- Estate Planning —Everyone needs a Last Will and Testament, Durable Power of Attorney, and Advance Medical Directive. Some people need trusts and other complicated estate planning. For these issues, our firm recommends this lawyer and this lawyer.
- Business Planning and Formation — For those who are entrepreneurs at heart, you need legal advice before entering the world of business. And, no, legal zoom is not sufficient. We recommend this lawyer and this lawyer for all of your business planning needs.
Just because we recommend these lawyers does not mean that they will take your case. In fact, we highly recommend that you call us before reaching out to any of these lawyers. We will make sure to get you to the right person who can help you with your case. If your case isn’t one that these lawyers will take, our team will make it our personal mission to find a lawyer who is able to help you.