Position: Lynchburg Legal Assistant
Salary: $33,000 – $36,000
Raises and bonuses based on performance
Do you enjoy the people you work with? Do you want to do meaningful work that actually helps real people?
Do you like to get things done? Do you like to help people? Are you good talking to people on the phone. Can you gather information? Are you a good writer?
If this is you, then keep reading all the way to the end. Follow our instructions and apply. Your best job ever is just a few interviews away!
You will provide support and legal assistance in a law firm setting with friendly, but focused attorneys. This position is not for everyone. However, it will be the “perfect” fit for someone.
We are looking for someone who exhibits the qualities of a high caliber human being, preferably with experience in a law firm specializing in personal injury or disability.
Experience, however, for the right person, is not required. We believe that superstars are superstars no matter what industry they may come from.
Here at Osterbind Law, PLLC we want to consistently better ourselves through actively learning, actively listening to clients or attorneys, and critical thinking. You need to be an independent problem solver. We need you to be solution oriented and be able to run a project until it is completed.
You will be working with clients so you have to be personable, welcoming, and good on the phone. Lastly, communication is key in this business. We need you to be good at communication, both oral and written, an active listener, and able conduct yourself in a professional manner.
Still interested? Keep reading:
- Preparing and Editing Legal Documentation
- Responding to interrogatories
- Working with current clients on interrogatories answers
- Drafting and proofreading various legal documents: letters, discovery, pleadings, etc.
Completing Administrative Tasks:
- Scanning documents
- Scheduling depositions, trial dates, etc.
- Creating electronic documents
- Organizing electronic documents
- Calling and emailing various outside contacts: attorneys, paralegals, court staff, etc.
- Attending occasional conferences and seminars
- Reading various books on teamwork, business, and law
- Monthly meetings and/or weekly meetings
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Apple OS
- Electronic Case File Management: including scanning, creating electronic documents and organizing electronic documents
- Google Chat
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- MyCase Case Management Software
- Office Telephone
Lynchburg Legal Assistant Job context:
Osterbind Law, PLLC is a growing, family run law firm in Lynchburg, Virginia that specializes in injury and disability law. The environment is fast paced and offers a comfortable and collaborative work environment as well as competitive compensation. You will work with a variety of people, mainly attorneys, court staff, paralegals, referral sources, current clients, past clients and potential clients.
The hours will be 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday (business hours) with one hour provided for lunch (we like to eat). Fortunately, there is an abundance of good food right near us! If you haven’t tried Iron & Ale, Mellow Mushroom, The Texas Inn, Mission House Coffee, Kenko Hibachi, Hawaii Poke & Green, then you will after you start working here.
You will be evaluated by Hannah Bowie, Esq. Performance will be evaluated on the following:
- Ability to listen to instructions
- Finishing projects in a timely manner
- Quality of work
READY TO APPLY?
You can submit your application via email or by dropping your documents in our dropbox file.
Follow these instructions:
Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample, references, and transcript via email or the “Submit My Application button above.
For email, you must follow these instructions:
- Subject line MUST say: “I’D LOVE TO WORK FOR YOU.”
- Attach a detailed cover letter outlining why YOU are the “PERFECT candidate”
- Attach a resume
- Optional, but strongly encouraged: writing sample, references from previous employers, college transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
Please email your application to: [email protected]
You may call Julia two weeks after mailing your application regarding this position and confirm receipt by calling 434-515-2807.
PLEASE NOTE: if you would like your application to remain confidential from your current employer, please include this in the cover letter.
If you can’t follow these directions, then you probably won’t get a call back for an interview.
We will be flexible on the start date for the right candidate, so start at a date most convenient for you.