Position: Marketing Director
Status: Part-time or Full-time
Do you want to be a Lynchburg Marketing Director? Is that your dream job?
Are you a mad scientist marketer? Do you like to learn new things? Do you like to try, fail, learn, try, fail, learn, try again, until you win so much you can’t stand winning?
Then this job opportunity is for you.
If not, that’s ok. This position is not for everyone. However, it will be the “perfect” fit for someone.
If you are a “perfect” fit, keep reading to the end!
Lynchburg Marketing Director Job Summary:
You will assist the firm in evaluating marketing processes, handling social media, creating marketing collateral, and looking for new, creative opportunities in advertising. You’ll get to work in a law firm setting with friendly, but focused attorneys who are committed to doing this whole law thing better than anyone else.
We are looking for someone who exhibits all of these qualities. We are not bound by tradition and we love to borrow ideas from other industries. So experience in the legal industry is not required.
We want someone who will thrive on the busy pace and who manage a range of tasks from a variety of sources. Our ideal Lynchburg marketing director is punctual, disciplined and dependable. Of course, we want a hard worker who can work well under deadlines with a quick response time.
You have to be a good writer. And not boring stuff either. We want to see how you can take something mundane and make it gripping and engaging. Tall order, we know. But this is a skill we need in our company.
Here at Osterbind Law, PLLC we want to consistently better ourselves through actively learning, actively listening to clients or attorneys, and critical thinking.
You have to be an independent problem solver. Can you identify problems and then come up with a solution? Can you catch a vision, and run a project until it is completed? Creativity is essential and outside-of-the-box, original thinking is required.
Lastly, communication is key in this business. We need someone who is good at communication, both oral and written, is an active listener and conducts themselves in a professional manner.
Does this sound like you? Then, keep reading. You’ll want to know what types of work activities you’ll be doing.
- Meeting with potential marketing vendors
- Communicating with current marketing vendors
- Creating and posting engaging social media post and videos
- Engaging with followers on social media
- Drafting and creating industry specific content for our website
- Managing a monthly newsletter by creating content and maintaining a mailing list
- Creating valuable and engaging e-mail campaigns and maintaining an e-mail list
- Creating sales campaigns through direct mail offerings
- Manage system for getting 5-Star Google Reviews
- Assist with the creation of free resources like books, guides, and reports
- Manage podcast creation and implementation
- Manage all community marketing and relationship marketing
- Creating and implementing Google organic search strategies
- Overseeing Google Ads search results
- Tracking Google Analytics and optimizing online assets accordingly
- Using other Google tools to ensure our online assets are effectively utilized
Conducting Research and Monitoring Current Marketing Plans:
- Researching new marketing strategies
- Monitoring current marketing strategies and their effectiveness
- Tracking leads, qualified leads, and sales
- Monitoring the effectiveness of sales funnels
- Presenting findings to managing attorneys
- Attending occasional conferences and seminars
- Reading various books on teamwork and business
- Monthly meetings
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Apple OS
- Electronic Case File Management: including scanning, creating electronic documents and organizing electronic documents
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Office Telephone
Osterbind Law, PLLC is a growing, family run law firm in Lynchburg, Virginia that specializes in injury and disability law. The environment is fast paced and offers a comfortable and collaborative work environment as well as competitive compensation.
You will work with a variety of people, mainly our attorneys, paralegals, referral sources, current clients, past clients and potential clients.
The hours will be 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday (business hours) with one hour provided for lunch.
Performance in this position will be evaluated by Brandon Osterbind, Esq. Performance will be evaluated on the following:
- Ability to listen to instructions
- Finishing projects in a timely manner
- Quality of work
- Attitude and teamwork ability
READY TO APPLY TO BE A LYNCHBURG MARKETING DIRECTOR?
You can submit your application via email or by dropping your documents in our dropbox file.
Follow these instructions:
Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample, references, and transcript via email or the “Submit My Application” button above.
For email, you must follow these instructions:
- Subject line MUST say: “LYNCHBURG MARKETING DIRECTOR – I’M PERFECT FOR THIS!”
- Attach a detailed cover letter outlining why YOU are the PERFECT candidate AND what most excites you about this Lynchburg Marketing Director opportunity.
- Attach a resume.
- Optional, but strongly encouraged: writing sample, references from previous employers, college transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable).
Please email your application to: [email protected]
You may call Julia two weeks after mailing your application regarding this position and confirm receipt by calling 434-515-2807.
PLEASE NOTE: if you would like your application to remain confidential from your current employer, please include this in the cover letter.
If you can’t follow these directions, then you probably won’t get a call back for an interview.
We will be flexible on the start date for the right candidate, so start at a date most convenient for you.