Position: Client Relations Specialist
This position would be the firm’s first point of contact for anyone contacting Osterbind Law. This job is responsible for communication going in and out of the office while providing assistance to friendly, but focused attorneys. This position is not for everyone. However, it will be the “perfect” fit for someone.
We are looking for someone who exhibits all of these qualities, preferably with experience in a law firm specializing in personal injury or disability. However, we will allow exceptions for the right person.
This firm is looking for someone who will thrive on the busy pace and who can manage a range of tasks from a variety of sources. Someone who is punctual, disciplined, and dependable. We are looking for someone who is a hard worker, who can work well under deadlines with a quick response time.
Here at Osterbind Law, PLLC we want to consistently better ourselves through actively learning, actively listening to clients or attorneys, and critical thinking. The perfect person for this job needs to be an independent problem solver. They need to be solution-oriented and be able to run a project until it is completed. This job does require working with clients so someone who is personable, welcoming, and good on the phone is preferred. Lastly, communication is key in this business. We need someone who is good at communication, both oral and written, is an active listener, and conducts themselves in a professional manner.
Completing Administrative Tasks:
• Scanning documents
• Creating electronic documents
• Organizing electronic documents
• Calling and emailing various outside contacts: attorneys, paralegals, court staff, etc.
• Attending occasional conferences and seminars
• Reading various books on teamwork and business
• Monthly meetings
Operate the main telephone
• Answering incoming calls
• Taking messages
• Responding to voicemails
• Making calls to courts, medical facilities, attorneys, etc.
Transferring information and documents
• Monthly calls to clients with updates
• Giving information from incoming calls to the attorneys
• Sharing documents with clients
Scheduling appointments and updating calendars
• Scheduling appointments for depositions, clients, meetings, etc.
• Updating appointments with new information
Perform administrative tasks
• Processing incoming mail
• Processing outgoing mail
• Keeping cases updated with new information
Tools and Equipment Used:
• Apple OS
• Electronic Case File Management: including scanning, creating electronic documents and organizing electronic documents
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• MyCase Case Management Software
• Office Telephone
Osterbind Law, PLLC is a growing, family-run law firm in Lynchburg, Virginia that specializes in injury and ERISA disability law. The environment is fast-paced and offers a comfortable and collaborative work environment as well as competitive compensation. The Client Relations Specialist job will work with a variety of people, mainly court staff, paralegals, medical facilities staff, current clients, and potential clients. The hours will be 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday (business hours) with one hour provided for lunch.
Performance in this position will be evaluated by Brandon Osterbind, Esq. and Hannah Bowie, Esq. Performance will be evaluated on the following:
• Ability to listen to instructions
• Finishing projects in a timely manner
• Quality of work
READY TO APPLY?
Follow these instructions:
Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample, references, and transcript via USPS (snail mail) and email.
Email must follow these instructions:
- Subject line MUST say: “I’D LOVE TO WORK FOR YOU.”
- Attach a detailed cover letter outlining why YOU are the PERFECT candidate
- Attach a resume
- Optional, but strongly encouraged: writing sample, references from previous employers, college transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
You may call Julia two weeks after mailing your application regarding this position and confirm receipt by calling 434-515-2807.
Please email your application to: [email protected]
Please also mail your application to this exact address:
Osterbind Law, PLLC
Private & Confidential
ATTN: Julia Hinckle
1216 Greenview Dr., Suite A
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502
PLEASE NOTE: if you would like your application to remain confidential from your current employer, please include this in the cover letter.
If you can’t follow these directions, then you probably won’t get a call back for an interview.
We will be flexible on the start date for the right candidate, so start at a date most convenient for you.